A comparison between Google Cloud Services and Amazon Web Services…..
Remember what I was writing in the state of Hadoop market about having a second option for on-demand cloud-based Hadoop services? Benjamin Black compares Google Cloud Platform with Amazon services:
- Cloud Engine is a lot like EC2 & EBS
- Cloud Storage is a lot like S3
- Cloud SQL is a lot like RDS
- Analytics can be used like CloudWatch (and I know of people putting billions of their own data points in Analytics)
- BigQuery has no AWS equivalent, but maybe you could build it with EMR?
- PageSpeed has no AWS equivalent
Hadoop and MapR are already listed as possible use cases for Google Cloud Platform.
I don’t think I could write a better conclusion than Black did in his post:
This is big, planetary scale infrastructure. This is cloud legitimized and super-sized. In the words of the prophet: Shit just got real.
Original title and link: Google Cloud Platform Is the Biggest Deal in IT Since Amazon Launched EC2 (NoSQL database©myNoSQL)