Here are some highlights from We Are Social overview report:
- There are now well over 1 billion internet users around Asia;
- At least 811 million of these people use social media;
- 50% of the world’s social media users are in Asia;
- More than 10 million new people in Asia join Facebook every month;
- Asia is home to more than 3 billion mobile subscriptions.
It’s not just the growth in user numbers that are impressive, however; netizens in Asia spend almost 2 million years of combined time on the internet every month, watching almost 45 billion online videos. That’s more than half a trillion videos every year.
Noted a continued trend of diversity in behaviour around the region.
Despite becoming Facebook’s biggest region, the world’s favourite social network ranks just 4th in Asia by user figures. However, Buddy Media found that Facebook is still the platform of choice for brands…
View original post 95 more words